DevalVR support

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: DevalVR packer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:43 am 
I only was walking somewhere...

Hi all,

I created a new tool in standalone player to create executable packages. This feature is BETA, I must fix some issues yet, but you can test it http://www.devalvr.com/descargas/dps/playerUnicode.zip

Usage:
- Open a script file, or QTVR file, or any other content.
- Click in "Create Package File" button
- Select the name of the EXE and the parameters

This version creates EXE files, but the next version will create SCR files too (screensaver for Windows).

Some advantages of this packager:
- The content is protected and can't be extracted
- The player reads all files directly from the pack, without to create temporary files in RAM or in the disk. This is very important if your package has a lot of MB, because some other packers require a lot of time to start the application.

I created this example file with the latest lensflare example script: http://www.devalvr.com/panos/lensflare.exe

regards! :wink:

PS: I have decided to create a license, like QuickTime pro, to use some new features as this packager.

Last edited by fiero on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:22 am 

Many thanks Fiero,
We have been waiting for this, long time ago.
I tested it on my project which has an InitialPano script to produce the little planet view.

The exe file worked perfectly including my flash movies. I noticed also, that dragging the scenes up, down, right and left seem to be faster than none packaged.

The most remarkable thing is the DevalVR output exe file size, I was using another software form a third party company, it produces my output exe file in around 83.4 MB size after compression and packing. But the DevalVR complier gave me only 53.3MB size this is a remarkable difference.

I faced only two problems:
1- The DevalVR output exe file neglected my initial little planet sequence and scene.. I.e. the initial pano did not run.
2- When I run the player by double clicking on it directly from the folder which contains my project files, I could not view the player commands, even if I dragged my script file on the player, because I am using my own theme. So, I ran the player in a separate folder, then clicked on Open file command and selected my script, which in a different folder, and continue to create the package file, which works fine but cannot run my initial little planet view, and also override my theme and toolbar.

Congratulation on this super achievement
Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:17 pm 

Hi fiero,
very good feature, I've test it with all my tours.
A first problem - I miss the interfacefile...
no way to introduce it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:30 pm 

emilban wrote:
A first problem - I miss the interfacefile...
no way to introduce it?

Yes, I added it in the next version, and fixed some bugs. Maybe I will upload today.

regards!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:37 pm 
Photographer

Works like a charm!

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:04 pm 

I uploaded a new version of the player http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/productos/index.html

regards!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:33 pm 

Hi fiero,

I've tested the new version of packer with a complex tour, about 75 panos,
with interfacefile, sequence, litle planet, hotspots, sound and so on...
and... it works! :D

I have a few questions (somebody else maybe more)
- what about the params.txt? no utility more?
- is the interfacefile in package menu fixed? or can I change it with the comand SetInterfaceFile?

I still checking...:-)

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:26 pm 

Hi emilban,

"params.txt" is only needed when you use the player without packing. If you create a package, all parameters are into the package. The parameters can be configured in the packer dialog window.

I added in the packer dialog window all parameters that do not have a script instruction with same functionality. For example, "autoplay" parameter is not in this dialog, but you can use the "autoplay" script instruction into the script. Anyway, I will improve this packer, so maybe I will include more parameters.

About "interfacefile", if you load an interfacefile with params.txt, you can see it in the packer dialog. Anyway, you can load any interfacefile when you creates the package with the button "select file..."

Are you sure that the sound works? SWF and sounds should not work. Create the exe file in other folder to be sure.

aab wrote:
The exe file worked perfectly including my flash movies.

aab, are you sure that SWF works? Create the exe file in other folder to be sure, it should not work.

The only way to work with sounds and SWF now is to include these files too. I must work to fix this.

regards!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:52 pm 

Files loaded with programming functions are not packet yet, for example: Load() , SetInterfaceFile() or SetFile()

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:22 am 

- of course...flash and sounds doesn't work - just only in the same folder with the exe.pack
- what about enable-disable "right-click" to show abouturl for developer info?

regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:30 am 

Virustotal no claim... fine result

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/5f47 ... 1246605866

fiero, great concept!!!

BTW. how much are required (EUR or USD) for buying the license?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:40 am 
Photographer

I've packed one of the old tours with autorotation enabled.

Packed tour doesn't autorotate anymore :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:08 pm 

fiero wrote:
Hi emilban,

"params.txt" is only needed when you use the player without packing. If you create a package, all parameters are into the package. The parameters can be configured in the packer dialog window.

I added in the packer dialog window all parameters that do not have a script instruction with same functionality. For example, "autoplay" parameter is not in this dialog, but you can use the "autoplay" script instruction into the script. Anyway, I will improve this packer, so maybe I will include more parameters.

About "interfacefile", if you load an interfacefile with params.txt, you can see it in the packer dialog. Anyway, you can load any interfacefile when you creates the package with the button "select file..."

Are you sure that the sound works? SWF and sounds should not work. Create the exe file in other folder to be sure.

aab wrote:
The exe file worked perfectly including my flash movies.

aab, are you sure that SWF works? Create the exe file in other folder to be sure, it should not work.

The only way to work with sounds and SWF now is to include these files too. I must work to fix this.

regards!

Yes, you are right feiro. I copied the exe file in another folder, the SWF not working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:32 am 

Hi all,

I added the possibility to load any params.txt file or write any additional parameter. And now the parameters of current params.txt (if it exists) is updated in the packer dialog options.

Now it's possible to save the package as EXE or screen saver SCR.

regards!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:37 am 

Hi Fiero, thank you for the nice feature - it's great.

A question for the "window size" options. If I create an object movie, than the size is determinated by the frame images. Maybe you have an idea how to handle this option in this case. At the moment it's a little bit confusing.

A general DevalVR questions - my objects movies need a lot of time to open. A 7MB MOV needs approx. 10 seconds. In this time nothing happens at the screen, that's confusing. Maybe you could add a load progress bar. On the other side if I open the MOV files per VLC media player (video player only), than the MOV is opened immediately. I suppose so DevalVR load all frames and the video player only the first. Can you do something against the long confusing pause?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next