DevalVR support

 

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Interactive video into panoramas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:53 pm 
Offline
I only was walking somewhere...
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:55 am
Posts: 2018
I finished all mouse events support for embedded flash movies.

This is an example: http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/soporte/ ... video.html

regards


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:42 am 
Offline
I only was walking somewhere...
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:55 am
Posts: 2018
I created a tutorial to do this: http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/soporte/ ... orial.html

regards


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:47 pm
Posts: 17
Very nice indeed :D

But I'm just curious why are you using the intermediary html?
It seems useless to me.
Or is the interaction between flash and deval availabale only in this kind of embeding?

And does the size of flash should match the size defined in dvl script?


Anyway keep up this great work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:31 am 
Offline
I only was walking somewhere...
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:55 am
Posts: 2018
Hi lop,

There are two reasons to use intermediary html:

- If the swf file is loaded directly, the movie does not start until file is downloaded completely. If swf file is big, this time can be very large. With html file, the movie start immediately and is showed while it's downloading.

- The second reason is the new IE7 behavior. With IE7 it's required a intermediate .html and .js to start the Flash movie. Without these files, the movie remains blocked.


>>And does the size of flash should match the size defined in dvl script?

No, you can use any size. With a big size the quality is bigger but the performance is smaller.

regards


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:24 am
Posts: 2
Very nice and impressive. Would it be possible to display full screen panoramic video, in a medium (15fps) framerate too? And of a resolution of 836 x 244 for example?
Rgs,
Minos


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:22 pm 
Offline
I only was walking somewhere...
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:55 am
Posts: 2018
Hi minos,

Did you mean that ALL panorama image was the video? If yes, the frame rate depends of computer velocity. Yes, I could enable Flash movies for whole panorama.

regards


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:24 am
Posts: 2
Yes Fiero,
Thats what I mean. I am interested in creating a time-lapse full screen panoramic footage, so frame rate is not really important, anything >2 fps would be fine, but higher would be also good for future tests. Could u please anounce when this feature will be activated it and how to configure it?
Rgs,
Minos


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:43 pm 
Offline
I only was walking somewhere...
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:55 am
Posts: 2018
minos wrote:
... Could u please anounce when this feature will be activated it and how to configure it?


Of course. I will reply this thread when this feature is available. You can use the link "Watch this topic for replies" in this page to receive an email when there is a reply in this topic.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:50 pm 
Offline
I only was walking somewhere...
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:55 am
Posts: 2018
I uploaded a new version with a new script instruction to show images with special effects.

This example shows a video like 2D image in the viewer:
http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/soporte/imagevideo.html

And this example shows several images in the viewer with some effects, like inverted, addition and subtraction:
http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/soporte/negative.html

I will create a small page to explain this feature...

regards


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:28 pm
Posts: 164
Location: JAMAICA
fiero wrote:
I uploaded a new version with a new script instruction to show images with special effects.

This example shows a video like 2D image in the viewer:
http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/soporte/imagevideo.html

And this example shows several images in the viewer with some effects, like inverted, addition and subtraction:
http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/soporte/negative.html

I will create a small page to explain this feature...

regards


you are simply too good


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:58 pm
Posts: 107
Location: SPb, Russia
fiero wrote:
I uploaded a new version with a new script instruction to show images with special effects.

This example shows a video like 2D image in the viewer:
http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/soporte/imagevideo.html

And this example shows several images in the viewer with some effects, like inverted, addition and subtraction:
http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/soporte/negative.html

I will create a small page to explain this feature...

regards

Just perfect. You excel our best anticipations, really! Can we add a link to some page with this image? Then we could use this feature as thumbnails in a tours and additional logo banners.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:16 pm 
Offline
I only was walking somewhere...
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:55 am
Posts: 2018
Thank you Marlon and Vlad for your comments :)

>>Can we add a link to some page with this image? Then we could use this feature as thumbnails in a tours and additional logo banners.

Yes, you can create a Flash movie with links to any page. For example, in this Youtube.com examples, you can click on "share" button and a new window will open.

For normal images (no Flash) I will create a new instruction to create buttons in the viewer.

regards


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: proof of concept
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:47 pm
Posts: 17
For those of you who are interested in combining deval and flash and communicating between them I made 2 little tests.

    1. Layering a flash over deval window via CSS.
    http://lop.vectris.cz/overlayTest.html
    It works fine in IE but in FireFox there are some redrawing issues.

    2. Embeding a flash directly by DVL script (newest deval feature).
    http://lop.vectris.cz/overlayTest2.html
    This version works in both browsers but communication is too complicated. It's using one more intermediate flash movie and Local Connection object.
    Hey Fiero, are you planning to allow direct communication between deval and embeded flash? :)


Both examples are utilizing 2-way communication, so you can pan and zoom in deval window or click in compass to point the view that way.
Of course you need the newest version of deval plugin and Flash player 8.
And thanks to the new IMAGE effect feature you can notice a nice shadow under compass window.
I can provide the source FLA files if anybody is interested.

BTW That panorama is not mine. So don't ask or blame me. :wink:


Lop


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:05 pm 
Offline
I only was walking somewhere...
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:55 am
Posts: 2018
Wow :shock: !!! I never thought that this communication was possible!! (the second example)

Very good work. Very nice!!

Yes, the next step is to create DevalVR <-> Embed Flash communication directly. I'm investigating about how to do this...

I fixed a ugly visualization bug in the lastest version. I discovered this bug with your example, thank you ;)

best regards!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: proof of concept
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:28 pm
Posts: 164
Location: JAMAICA
lop wrote:
For those of you who are interested in combining deval and flash and communicating between them I made 2 little tests.

    1. Layering a flash over deval window via CSS.
    http://lop.vectris.cz/overlayTest.html
    It works fine in IE but in FireFox there are some redrawing issues.

    2. Embeding a flash directly by DVL script (newest deval feature).
    http://lop.vectris.cz/overlayTest2.html
    This version works in both browsers but communication is too complicated. It's using one more intermediate flash movie and Local Connection object.
    Hey Fiero, are you planning to allow direct communication between deval and embeded flash? :)

Both examples are utilizing 2-way communication, so you can pan and zoom in deval window or click in compass to point the view that way.
Of course you need the newest version of deval plugin and Flash player 8.
And thanks to the new IMAGE effect feature you can notice a nice shadow under compass window.
I can provide the source FLA files if anybody is interested.

BTW That panorama is not mine. So don't ask or blame me. :wink:


Lop


i would love that could you post a link to the file


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group